The RUGS is the name for our MAT Student Council. It stands for ‘Really Useful Generation Students’ Group. Its membership is (usually) a boy and a girl from each of the settings within the Trust elected by their own student communities. Their term of office is 2 years. Members of the RUGS are also ambassadors for the Trust. The Group meets at least once every term and is supported by our Deputy Head Teachers’ Group.
The current membership is as follows:
- Alsagers Bank – Freya Allcock and Miles Amison
- Ash Green – Esme Warburton and Katie Sherlock
- Carmountside – Poppy Edge and Oscar Carnell
- Ellison – Sophie Rawlinson and Tyler Burton
- Gladstone – Lucy Robinson and Dalton Edmondson
- Goldenhill – Matilda English and Caleb Black
- Summerbank – Khalissa Yahya and Liam Bourne
Their mission statement is – “To inspire development strategies for learning for every child in the MAT!”
These are some of their ideas for how to do this:
At their session together in November 2018, the children were asked to talk in groups with each other and the adults present about what it is that inspires us to work hard and learn great things.
Click the links below for the notes from each session, I’m certain you’ll find them very inspirational!
Simply click to view any of the documents listed below: