The RUGS is the name for our MAT Student Council. It stands for the Really Useful Generation Students’ Group. Its membership is (usually) a boy and a girl from each of the academies within the Trust elected by their own student communities. Their term of office is a maximum of 2 years. Members of the RUGS are also ambassadors for the Trust. The Group meets at least once every term and is chaired by the CEO.
The current membership is as follows:
- Ash Green – Samanvi Machineni (Year 5) and Isla de Pee (Year 5)
- Ellison – Emily Conroy (Year 6) and Ben Lee (Year 6)
- Gladstone – Ruby Mills (Year 5) and Jacob Kelsall (Year 5)
- Goldenhill – Paige Boot (Year 6) and Maison Cookson (Year 6)
- Summerbank – Khadija Hussain (Year 6) and Abu-Bakr Mehmood (Year 6)
Their mission statement is – “To inspire development strategies for learning for every child in the MAT!”
These are some of their ideas for how to do this:
At their last session together in November 2018, the children were asked to talk in groups with each other and the adults present about what it is that inspires us to work hard and learn great things. Click the link below for their thoughts, I think you’ll find them very inspirational!
Simply click to view any of the documents listed below: