The Directors and CEO of the Societas Trust are seeking to appoint a dynamic, committed and inspirational Head Teacher to lead one of its academies, Summerbank Primary Academy, who will build on current good practice and bring fresh ideas to drive the academy forward, and will also perform a leading role in the development of the Trust as a member of the Trust’s Executive Board working collaboratively with the other Head Teachers and settings within the Trust.
The Societas Trust, currently comprises of five primary academies, and one other associate member setting, in North Staffordshire with around 2,200 children and 360 employees. Our vision is to create a sustainable, professional community where all learners are valued and encouraged to achieve their potential, and where all individuals are respected. For more information about the Trust, please visit www.societastrust.org.uk
Summerbank Primary Academy is a culturally diverse, larger than average primary school with 453 pupils (aged 3 to 11) on roll located in Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent. For more information about the Academy, please visit www.summerbank.co.uk
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and experienced school leader with a clear vision who will place high achievement and creativity at the heart of the curriculum and also:
· will inspire staff and students to raise existing high expectations, aspirations and achievements and continue to improve this diverse, fully inclusive school;
· has a successful record as a senior leader and who is skilful in managing change;
· will sustain school improvement and ensure excellent provision and outcomes for all students;
· has the ability to work cooperatively, managing and coordinating multiple projects in a busy and dynamic environment;
· will work closely with partner settings within the Trust to drive school improvement and further develop leadership;
· has excellent communication and interpersonal skills within the school and the wider community.
In return the Trust can offer you a very supportive and dedicated central team; excellent working conditions; entry to an occupational pension scheme; and a commitment to professional development.
Visits to the academy are encouraged. Please contact Sally Henderson to arrange a visit or request an application pack: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01782 233611.
The Societas Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau.